The players can influence the world of Kenshi in a number of ways. The most prominent, may be killing or kidnapping the leader of a certain faction. On a smaller faction (such as the Skin Bandits) killing their leader can lead to a vast reduction in the spawn rate of this faction. The faction base is then destroyed or occupied by a different faction.
Killing the leader of a larger faction will not necessarily lead to the immediate dissolution of that faction. Instead the player would need to find the other faction leaders and deal with them. These larger factions, such as The Holy Nation and the United Cities, will likely send increasingly strong Base Assaults if the player chooses to kill a minor faction leader before killing the primary leader.
Shek Kingdom World States:
A decivilized Shek KIngdom will spawn Kamikazes warriors.
Holy Nation World States:
A decivilized Holy Nation will spawn Strayed Paladins crusaders.
The Empire World States:
A decivilized United Cities Empire will spawn Samurai Rogues bandits.
Other World States:
- Big Al of the Stone Rats
- Big Gray of the Grayflayers
- Big Grim of the Hounds
- Boss Simion of the Rebel Farmers
- Crab Queen of the Crab Raiders
- Elder of the Skeleton Bandits
- Ghost of Berserkers
- Moll of the Flotsam Ninjas
- Queen of the South of the Southern Hive
- Red Sabre Boss of the Red Sabres
- Savant of the Skin Bandits
- Shade of the Swamp Ninjas
- The Queen of the Western Hive
- Tinfist of the Anti-Slavers
- Tora the Fearless of Band of Bones
- Valamon of the Reavers
- Yabuta Chief of the Yabuta Outlaws