Toughness is both physical and mental. It's how you survive out in the desert. Physically it's your ability to take a beating and survive. Mentally it's an attitude forged from harsh experience. Do you pass out from your wounds like a sissy, or do you force yourself to struggle to your feet again? Do you panic and bleed out or can you stay calm enough to lower your heart rate and let the blood clot?
-Martial arts damage
-Chance to resist stealth knock-outs
|Ways to Train:|
|-Getting hurt, getting beaten up, losing battles|
-Not wearing armour, taking more damage
-Get up and fight instead of playing dead
Toughness was introduced in version 0.61.0 of Kenshi and appears to replace a stat that was previously known as "Warrior Spirit" (though it was never actually implemented). Toughness determines a character's Damage Resistance and KO point (Knock Out Point).
|Racial Experience Multipliers|
There are no races which have negative experience multipliers for this stat.
-Hive Soldier Drone
-Hive Worker Drone
-Southern Hive Soldier Drone
|All multipliers are either 0.8x or 1.2x unless marked otherwise.|
- Damage Resistance: Starting value for a character at 0 toughness is -0.5 and at level 100 is 0.5. For each level of Toughness the characters Damage Resistance will increase by 0.01 meaning Toughness at 51 or greater the character takes less damage from attacks while levels 49 and lower take increased damage.
- KO point: The greater the Toughness this number will grow in negative value. Current range is -10 to -80 (-80 is a character at maxed Toughness).
|Loading Screen Tips|
|If your whole squad is taken down, any survivors will play dead until the enemy is out of range. You can force them to get up anyway by giving them an order, which will also improve their Toughness stat.|
The following methods are ways of improving a character's Toughness (quoted directly from In-game):
- Getting hurt, getting beaten up, losing battles
- Get up and fight when you should be playing dead
- Bonuses if you are fighting critically wounded
- Making certain (often foolish) dialogue choices
- "It means starting fight with drunks, bandits, or any other usually hostile factions trough dialog"
- Once your health drops below your KO point [Specific to your character] your health becomes critical and you won't be able to get back up again. You will need healing and go into a coma.