|“||Tinfist and Cat-Lon made a great team... And now Tinfist fights for a losing cause for the humans... While Cat-Lon disappears into thin air...... What happened?||”|
–Skeleton Patron, Black Desert City
He is a Skeleton who possesses very high combat skills in general, but focuses on using Martial Arts. Speaking to them, they mention their mentor was the founder of modern Martial Arts, Gatwood the Soft, who never took a life despite being undefeated.
They wear [Masterwork] armour and have weapons manufactured by years of training.
The Traders Guild, United Cities and The Holy Nation want Tinfist captured or dead due to their stance on slavery and as a result, they are considered a terrorist by pro-slavery characters. Bar patrons in towns controlled by the United Cities can be overheard mentioning raids lead by Tinfist. It is unclear whether or not this is propaganda made by Slave Traders or truly the Anti-Slavers terrorism.
|The Metal Brute's terror is soon to end!
Will YOU be the hero of the innocent?
Tinfist's Wanted Posters claim their reward to be 50,000 Cats, but their actual bounty is 100,000 Cats.
|Melee Attack, Melee Defence||100|
|Dodge, Martial Arts||100|
|Blunt, Hackers, Heavy, Katanas, Polearms, Sabres||100|
|Stealth, Lockpicking, Thievery||100|
|Engineer, Robotics, Science||1|
|Weapon Smith, Armour Smith, Labouring, Farming, Cooking||1|
|Stats randomize by 0|
|The Statistics here are taken from FCS. Skills will be multiplied by the racial multiplier. Players should also be aware that non-player characters also level up while fighting.|
Background[edit | edit source]
Tinfist's background is a mystery, almost all of his past is unknown or speculation.
It is known that he existed during the Second Empire and likely held a military, administrative, or political role based upon his (former) friendship with Mad Cat-Lon. However, after the decline of the Second Empire, it is assumed that Tinfist fought against Cat-Lon or did not support him, as his friendship likely ended during this period of turmoil. It is unknown if Tinfist learned martial arts before, during, or after the Second Empire's fall.
For the next millennia to the events of Kenshi, it is known that he engaged in warfare and (possibly) raids on the United Cities, this being due to their rampant participation in mass slavery. It is unknown if Tinfist has always warred with the United Cities, or if it is a recent development.
Requires Tinfist to be imprisoned/dead:
If Tinfist is killed or imprisoned while Emperor Tengu and Longen are both alive and free, it will cause Cult Village and both of the Fishing Villages to be taken over by the Slave Traders. The Settled Nomads town would become empty as well.
if Longen is alive and free, an extra 'slaver caravan' squad with 1 Slaver Caravan Boss, 0-1 Slaver Heavy Guard, and 7-14 Slaver Caravan Guard will also start spawning in the regions of Grey Desert, Heng, Northern Coast, Shem, Sinkuun, Skimsands, Skinner's Roam, Stormgap Coast, The Great Desert, and The Outlands.
If the player has an outpost, killing or kidnapping Tinfist will cause a 'Jonin Assault' comprised of 20 Anti-Slaver Jonins, with special leaders being either Jaegar, Bo, or Grey (all of them might not appear if the player has killed/imprisoned them beforehand).
Requires Tinfist to be alive and free:
If Emperor Tengu and Longen are both killed/imprisoned while Tinfist is alive and free. Trader's Edge will fall under the control of Anti-Slavers and Heng will have a prosperous town override, if all 3 of them are killed/imprisoned then Trader's Edge will fall under the control of Empire Peasants and Heng will have an override that is less prosperous. Free Settlement will also turn into The Free City controlled by Anti-Slavers, if all 3 of them are killed/imprisoned the town will still remain ruins as Free Settlement.
If Longen is killed/imprisoned Anti-Slavers will start patrolling in the region of The Great Desert.
Bounty[edit | edit source]
If Tinfist is turned into the following factions it will grant the following benefits/penalties:
United Cities[edit | edit source]
- -75 relations with Anti-Slavers
- -50 relations with Rebel Farmers
- +75 relations with United Cities
- 100,000 c bounty reward
The Holy Nation[edit | edit source]
- -75 relations with Anti-Slavers
- +55 relations with The Holy Nation
- It seems like Inquisitor was supposed to give the bounty reward if choosing "want money" option, but either due to bug or intentional, the player will not receive the bounty cats.
- (Note: Unlike many other high bounty characters (i.e Moll, Esata the Stone Golem, etc) turning in Tinfist does NOT grant you a speech with Phoenix. This is likely due to a bug, because the Inquisitor stated that you could talk with Phoenix after turning in Tinfist)
- +70 relations with Traders Guild
- +70 relations with Slave Traders
- Receive 2 Leviathan Pearls
- Gain recruit Yamdu
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Judging by the above quote (spoken by a skeleton in Black Desert City) Tinfist was very likely a good friend of Cat-Lon before he went mad, and was possibly involved in the management of the Second Empire.
- Tinfist possesses a unique statline in the Forgotten Construction Set that gives him +110 in Martial Arts.
- Tinfist, as an effect of either not resetting, or as a coping strategy with his crippling skeleton depression, speaks in a manner akin to a neanderthal, or a not grumpy Shek.