|“|| The Holy Nation, one of the oldest civilisations still in existence...
In the beginning, they kept to themselves. The first of the Phoenixes intentions were noble...
–Skeleton Player Characters
The Holy Nation is a theocratic human state that controls a notable portion of the northwest lands of Kenshi. They are ruled by a "Phoenix" whom they believe to be a reincarnation of their first ruler. Their religion encompasses all aspects of their life and is based around two deities, the holy creator Okran, and the demoness of darkness, Narko. Holy Nation citizens are often referred to as Okranites.
They are xenophobic and zealous people who are oppressive towards nonhuman races, women, and anyone who does not agree with their religious beliefs. They are significantly opposed to technology and science and are very hostile towards skeletons. However, they can be friendly and helpful to male Humans, often giving food or medical supplies to those in need.
It is speculated that the Holy Nation originated from the Second Empire, forming as a cult under the watchful eye of their overlord. Eventually, the Second Empire cracked down on the cult, but instead of quashing it, they only gave the survivors more reason to hate them. Likely, the cult emigrated north to a more hospitable land, creating the foundations of the Holy Nation, and fueling their hatred of skeletons.
The military of the Holy Nation is referred to as the Holy Army. Paladins are perhaps its most recognizable force, though they are often supported by lower-ranking troops like Holy Sentinels, Holy Servants, and Holy Chosen. High Paladins and Inquisitors serve as the leadership caste, with the latter also functioning as elite religious police.
Unique Characters Edit
These characters will only spawn once and may be tied to a World State.
Generic Characters Edit
- High Overseer
- High Paladin
- Holy Chosen
- Holy Citizen
- Holy Priest
- Holy Farm Leader
- Holy Farmer
- Holy Farmer Wife
- Holy Sentinel
- Holy Servant
- Holy Shop Guard
- Lower Servant
- Paladin Guardian
- Protector of the Flame
- Caravan Guard
Religion and Politics Edit
- The Holy Nation was speculated to be built upon a creative interpretations of religious protocols that indefinitely extends the Phoenix's-style of martial law. The Inquisitor's of HN firmly believed that the overriding cause of finding the Enlightened Lands and therefore stability, peace, and order to this world must come before certain niceties of human rights. The Okran's light is flickering! And it is only the discipline of holy army can protect the places where some semblance of Okran's light can be nurtured from the dark minions of Narko-infested world. Anyone whom threatens the Enlightened Lands must be neutralized! If some heretics must be discouraged for the greater good, so be it!
- Civilian hierarchies exist to govern certain farms and mines under HN rule but are entirely subordinate to the military. The specifics of civilian hierarchies varies between villages. When in doubt, Inquisitor's applies a modified standard inquisition charter to dictate political organization. This standard-charter of civilian hierarchy is generally elected, though will still have to be approved by the local priest authority. Exceptional times will require exceptional measures, yet still HN fosters the flickering flame of Okran of galactic democracy under the same principles that founded the HN.
- "Make no mistake! The United Cities is not egalitarian, they do not protect individual freedom! Neither will they care about your sufferings! Their goal is only the freedom of their member polities as entitled unto themselves - this is the freedom of the United Cities oligarch nobles to redefine the usage of 'criminal' in order to enslave the weak, to exploit the masses, to run an archipelago of petty nobelty dictatorships that only benefits the elite! These mass atrocities against the free people of the land shall not be tolerated within the eyes of Okran."
- How to identify and classify heretics – High Inquisitor Valtena
- Shortly after Tengu became an emperor, the rising tensions between HN and UC has broken out into open conflicts. Without warning, HN first took the advantage of offence to dispatch Holy army marching Bast in a successful attempt of sabotaging the farming industry before UC could organize an counter-attack. Now the land is a war-zone raging between the two giants, while UC has made a significant amount of retaliation in terms of military control, but so long as the Holy army helds back UC from fully-reclaiming the land in order to cause instability, rebellion and famine to ultimately pledge the UC government into anarchy, HN Inquisitor's meddle little care of domestic-policies.
Faction Relations Edit
The factions this faction has special relations towards. For all others, it will use this faction's default (0).
- Deadcat (-100)
- Flotsam Ninjas (-100)
- Holy Nation Outlaws (-100)
- Mongrel (-100)
- Raptors (-100)
- Shek Kingdom (-100)
- United Cities (-100)
Player Relations Edit
The reasons for this faction to have a non-zero relation towards you.
- If you start with the Son of a Captain or Holy Sword character they will be hostile toward you.
- The Holy Nation Pacifier will attack any skeleton character upon sight, but can be very easily beaten up.
- By turning in the Flotsam Ninjas leader Moll to The Holy Nation, you will gain a +90 relation bonus with them.
|Loading Screen Tips|
|It's a very bad idea for any non-humans to venture into Holy Nation territory. Learn the ways of the world if you want to survive.|
|Holy Nation patrols can spawn in Arm of Okran, Border Zone, Hidden Forest, Okran's Gulf, Okran's Pride, Okran's Valley, Rebirth, Skinner's Roam, and Wend.|
|These towns, outposts, and other locations are controlled by this faction.
|There are no locations which can be controlled by this faction due to changes in World States.
If High Inquisitor Seta, High Inquisitor Valtena and the Holy Lord Phoenix (blessed be his name) are all killed or imprisoned, the Holy Nation can collapse and most of their towns will fall into the hands of other factions. Some effects include:
- Stack will fall into the hands of the Shek if Seta is killed or imprisoned, and Esata the Stone Golem still exists.
- If Stack is in Shek Hands, Bad Teeth will also fall to the Shek.
- Blister Hill will fall to the Flotsam Ninjas if the Phoenix is killed or imprisoned. If Moll is not alive, it will fall to the Holy Nation Outlaws.
- Holy Mines will fall to the Shek, or whoever is in control of the other cities near them. Rebirth falls to the Flotsam Ninjas as well.
- Holy Military Bases will fall to the Fogmen.
- Holy Farms will remain under Holy Nation control. If Tengu and Longen are both alive after the Holy Nation has fallen, the farms will become slave farms run by Slave Traders
- Okran's Shield will collapse when Valtena is taken out, and Okran's Fist collapses when the Holy Nation falls completely. They fall to the United Cities if Tengu is alive, or to the Shek if the player is allied with them.
- Roaming squads of Holy Nation soldiers will no longer spawn, and raids will stop completely. Instead, squads of Strayed Paladins will spawn in their place.
- Holy Nation territory can have new spawns, such as Berserkers, roaming Shek patrols, and even Fogmen in Okran's Gulf.
- Following their low-tech philosophy, Holy Nation towns will only have ceiling lamps and torch posts as light fixtures, buildings interiors have no carpets, and training dummies and mounted crossbows that spawn are replaced by MkI versions.
- Holy Nation guards usually don't attack your Hive and Shek characters as long as they are closely accompanied by a human character, as the guards will assume that they are their servants. However, they will attack Skeletons on sight no matter what. They will also attack people that wear replacement limbs, as they are mechanical and resemble Skeleton limbs.
- Keeping a copy of "The Holy Flame" (their sacred bible) can allow male humans to pacify Holy Nation patrols, during interrogation.
- If you are allied with the Holy Nation, you will be allowed to wear their Faction Uniform without repercussions, and they will not charge taxes on outposts built in their territory. Holy Nation patrols may also offer first aid to your wounded characters.