The Great Desert is a vast, arid landscape in the northeastern corner of the continent. Although the sea of dunes is a rather poor choice for most farming and settlement construction, the region is plentiful with metal and stone deposits. The wildlife is primarily composed of large and small herds of Garrus and packs of Skimmers, both of which can prove a difficult hunt for small squads and newer characters. These are hardly the only dangers, however, as Rebel Farmers, Manhunters, Slave Hunters and Slave Traders call this desert home.
The desert also acts as the seat of The United Cities, with their capital Heft. Patrols of armored samurai are fairly common, and can be a welcome sight to overwhelmed characters traveling the desert. The main towns belonging to the United Cities are also home to the Shinobi Thieves, an asset to any aspiring thief. There are a few camps belonging to the Slavers, which act as work camps and markets of their trade.
These locations are typically small towns, villages, or faction bases.
These are places which do not have competent inhabitants. Ancient Locations are usually lost outposts or ruins. Beware: sometimes these locations contain territorial protectors such as Security Spiders.
These are temporary locations which can spawn randomly. They usually spawn with Camp Beds which are free to use.
- Raider Camp
- Vagrant Camp
- Skimmer Nest
- Small Skimmer Nest
These nests can potentially spawn in this zone if certain World States have been reached.
- Cannibal Infestation
These are squads which spawn without being tied to a location, camp, or nest. This list is in order of likelihood.
- Rebel Farmers - if Emperor Tengu is alive and free
- Vagrants - If Longen is alive and free
- Sand Ninjas
- Caravan Trader Boss (Traders Guild) - If Longen is alive and free
- Slave Hunters
- United Heroes League
- United Cities
- Mercenary Guild
- Tech Hunters
- Bounty Hunters
- Nomad Animal Trader
- Escaped Slave (Empire Peasants)
- Slaver Caravan Boss
- Wandering Assassin
- Lost Drone
- Hiver Trader Caravan (survival items)
- Noble Hunter- If Emperor Tengu is alive and free
These squads can potentially spawn in this zone if certain World States have been reached.
- Anti-Slavers - If Tinfist is alive and Longen is dead.
- Cannibals - If Emperor Tengu and Lord Inaba are dead and if Yabuta of the Sands remains prisoner of Tengu's Vault or dead.
- Rebel Swordsmen - If Tengu is dead.
- Samurai Rogue - upon deaths of Emperor Tengu, Lady Sanda, Lord Inaba, Lord Nagata, and Lord Yoshinaga OR if Slave Master Haga and Slave Mistress Ren are imprisoned or killed, while Emperor Tengu is alive and free.
- Western Hive if The Queen is dead:
- Yabuta Outlaws - if Yabuta is freed from Tengu's Vault and alive.
|The Great Desert|
|These are the modifiers which are linked to this zone on FCS.
|Before building an outpost, players should find information about specific areas through Prospecting.|
This zone has the 'great desert' season. Seasons may cause harmful Weather Effects or be purely aesthetic.