Skimsands acts like a buffer zone between the United Cities and the Holy Nation as both sides patrol the area. As its name suggests, is also the home to packs of Skimmers, making it harder for players to traverse the area. It's also the location of a prison, Tengu's Vault, which houses a group of Unique Recruits.
There are no Major Towns or Ancient Locations in Skimsands. This zone does not spawn Camps.
These locations are typically small towns, villages, or faction bases.
- Skimmer Nest
- Small Skimmer Nest
These are squads which spawn without being tied to a location, camp, or nest. This list is in order of likelihood.
- Rebel Farmers - If Emperor Tengu and Boss Simion are alive.
- Manhunters - Unless Grande, Haga, Ruben, Wada, Ren, Kana, and Longen are all dead/imprisoned.
- United Cities - if Lord Yoshinaga is alive.
- The Holy Nation - if High Inquisitor Valtena is alive.
- Mercenary Guild
- Escaped Slave (Empire Peasants)
- Wandering Assassin
- Lost Drone
These squads can potentially spawn in this zone if certain World States have been reached
- Kral's Chosen - If Flying Bull is alive and Holy Lord Phoenix, High Inquisitor Seta and Valtena are dead.
- Rebel Swordsmen - If Tengu is dead.
- Samurai Rogue - upon deaths of Emperor Tengu, Lady Sanda, Lord Inaba, Lord Nagata, and Lord Yoshinaga OR if Slave Mistress Ren and Slave Master Ruben are dead, but Emperor Tengu is alive.
- Slaver Caravan Boss - If Longen is alive and Tinfist is dead.
- Yabuta Outlaws - if Yabuta is freed from Tengu's Vault and alive.
|These are the modifiers which are linked to this zone on FCS.
|Before building an outpost, players should find information about specific areas through Prospecting.|
This zone has the 'great desert small' season. Seasons may cause harmful Weather Effects or be purely aesthetic.
- Due to high numbers of Skimmers roaming the area, players need to exercise caution when traversing the Skimsands, especially the weaker player characters. Skimmers tend to move and attack in packs, and is not uncommon travelers to be attacked by more than one group of Skimmers.
- The Skimsands has none, if very little natural resources for players to exploit and is thus unsuitable for constructing a self-sustaining outpost. The constant presence of Skimmer packs in the area makes the Skimsands even more dangerous for would-be settlers.
- Skimsands contains a lot of Behemoth bodies.