|“||A warrior society that values strength and hardiness above more intellectual pursuits. They are sometimes a little humourless and have a reputation as dumb brutes, but this is not always the case. Their external skeletal plates provide a natural armour but hinders more dexterous pursuits like sneaking around.||”|
Shek are a Race of bony, horned humanoids. It is the only race which does not have a related subrace.
The Shek have a culture that values pride, honor, and physical strength—so much so that many would prefer to die in a hopeless battle than continue living as a disgraced survivor. The Shek are known for their steadfast stoicism and considerable absence of humor when compared to the more jovial races, such as Humans. However, they are much more enthusiastic when it comes to battling matters or surviving bleak situations.
Shek's bodies are covered from head to toe in bony plates which serve as an excellent natural armor. The Shek are also remarkable for their long bony protrusion/horns, which are a source of pride for many Shek. They are renown for their exceptional strength and incredible toughness. The Shek legend, Kral, is a testament to the immense toughness of the Shek—or is at least indicative of how much the Shek value toughness, strength, and courage.
Shek are significantly larger than most other races, and thus require more food than any other race to survive. It is important to consider this before recruiting a Shek.
All playable races have a set of Statistics which they can gain experience in at an increased or decreased rate depending on racial experience multipliers. Players should pay attention to these experience multipliers, as they can be used to gain an advantage.
Characters of this race gain experience in these Statistics at a slightly faster rate than normal.
Characters of this race gain experience in these Statistics at a slightly slower rate than normal.
- Athletics (-20%)
- Dexterity (-20%)
- Dodge (-20%)
- Farming (-20%)
- Labouring (-20%)
- Robotics (-20%)
- Science (-20%)
- Stealth (-20%)
- Thievery (-20%)
Players can choose to start as a member of this race if this Game Start is chosen.
- The Wandering Trader
- The Holy Sword
- The Cannibal Hunters
- Son of a Captain
- The Slaves
- Rock Bottom
- Empire Citizen
- Guy with a Dog
- The Freedom Seekers
These Unique Recruits can spawn as a member of this race.
These Factions have characters which can spawn as members of this race.
- Band of Bones
- Bounty Hunters
- Dust Bandits
- Free Traders
- Grass Pirates
- Kral's Chosen
- Mercenary Guild
- Shek Kingdom
- Slave Hunters
- Tech Hunters
- Traders Guild
- United Cities
- The Holy Nation has a racial distrust for the Shek due to their religious beliefs and will attack Sheks that are approaching their cities without a human posing as "their master". They may also attack and "punish" sheks if getting too close to their patrolling squads outside of cities.
- They Swim 50% slower when compared to humans at the same swimming level.
- Their heal rate is 0.8, however due to the fact that all of their natural body parts have 125 HP, 0.8 x 1.25 = 1 which makes them heal the same amount of HP in a given time when compared to a Greenlander.
- When Sheks are enslaved, unlike humans (i.e Greenlanders and Scorchlanders) where they will have their hair shaved off, Sheks will have their horns cut off which results into a stubby horn look.
- Female Sheks breast cloths appear to be darker compared to that of Humans.