Meat can be gathered from the following creatures.
- Beak Things, 5 meat per corpse (not counting 12 Foul Raw Meat).
- Bonedogs, 3 meat per corpse.
- Boneyard Wolves, 3 meat per corpse.
- Crabs, 6 meat per corpse (not counting 1 Foul Raw Meat).
- Garru, 10 meat per corpse.
- Goats, 7 meat per corpse.
- Landbats, 2 meat per corpse (not counting 3 Foul Raw Meat).
- Swamp Turtles, 14 meat per corpse.
- Skimmers, 2 meat per corpse (not counting 8 Foul Raw Meat).
- Wild Bulls, 10 meat per corpse.
The safest way to acquire meat is by hunting swamp turtles in the South Wetlands, though weaker unit should be escorted by 30s characters to deal with the others dangers. They can also be found in The Swamp. Garrus and Goats can be found nearly anywhere in the world, but since they do not have nests, they are hard to track down.
Battle-hardened adventurer groups can also hunt for creatures in the Bonefields, Flats Lagoon (Zone) or High Bonefields, where many of the more dangerous animals roam in large packs. Beak things can also be hunted in many other areas, but requires groups with 40-50 stats to do some until a decent amounts can be acquired.
Raw Meat initially had an icon which looked vaguely similar to the old icon for Copper.