Prospecting is used to find suitable locations to build bases.
- Zone is where the prospecting took place
- Altitude is how far above sea level the Prospecting took place
- Prospector Skill is the Science stat of the prospector. This decides the size of the prospected area.
- Area Size
- Wind Speed is the current speed of the wind. This determines how much energy is generated with wind generators.
- Environment says what soil types are in the area and is used in determining the crop yield which different types of farms will have.
- Water determines the efficiency of wells.
- Fertility determines the efficiency of farms.
- Stone determines the efficiency of stone mines.
- Iron is used to determine the efficiency of mining raw iron from the iron outcrops.
- Copper is used to determine the efficiency of mining copper from the copper outcrops.
- Carbon is not present in 0.93.
Suggested Base Building LocationEdit
Standardized format coming to a webpage near you soon.
- Okran's Pride, just South of Blister Hill, is often used as a starter base due to the efficiency in growing vegetables, wheatstraw, and hemp, along with its bountiful iron ore. However, The Holy Nation will not approve of the settlement after a certain threshold of growth.
- Having the resolution at 1080 will result in the numbers from prospecting being covered by the map image. Though some say this can be resolved with a restart, there is another bug that causes the game to start in a lower resolution than what is put in the settings. The easy solution to that glitch is to simply press ALT + ENTER to change the resolution without having to restart the game. Though this makes it so that the game has the right resolution(1080p), it messes with some parts of the UI like the Prospecting window. Pressing ALT + ENTER again changes the resolution back, and is therefore a functioning workaround.
Where as this is not a big problem with most parts of the UI, some parts of the prospecting window scales poorly in 1080 resolution. This might be due to the UI window itself potentially being an image file with clickable areas, while other parts are put on top of it are separate in a sense, and scales differently. This is however not a a conclusion made by a tech whiz, and should be considered an "uneducated guess".