|“||Narko's sweet arse! This is the freakin' Deadlands, we can't come here!
It's not a place for humans...
–Shek or Greenlander Player Characters
The Deadlands, one of the most polluted zones in the game, is home to the Skeletons in their town of Black Desert City. Constant acid rain, acid ground, dark weather, and dead environment defines this area which makes this a hard place to set up in the beginning, and a perfect place for such a large community to hide from the Holy Nation.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
This zone does not spawn Nests or Camps.
Major Towns[edit | edit source]
Minor Outposts[edit | edit source]
These locations are typically small towns, villages, or faction bases.
Ancient Locations[edit | edit source]
These are places which do not have competent inhabitants. Ancient Locations are usually lost outposts or ruins. Beware: sometimes these locations contain territorial protectors such as Security Spiders.
Homeless Spawns[edit | edit source]
These are squads which spawn without being tied to a location, camp, or nest. This list is in order of likelihood.
Environment[edit | edit source]
|These are the modifiers which are linked to this zone on FCS.
|Before building an outpost, players should find information about specific areas through Prospecting.|
This location has Acid Ground as well as many Acid Lakes.
Weather[edit | edit source]
This zone has the 'deadlands' season. Seasons may cause harmful Weather Effects or be purely aesthetic.
- Heavy Rain deadlands: This is acidic rain which occasionally has a lightning bolt effect.
- Despite the heavy rain, rain collectors will not capture any water, this is likely due to it being acid rain though.
- There is no wind in the deadlands so any base must be powered by generators.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- You will need really good acid protection to stay alive for long periods of time in this area if you bring a Human or a Shek there:
- Building a base in the area might be good late game because of the lack of active bandits. The only thing patrolling are single iron spiders. Although it should be noted that generators and hydroponics must be used.
- Only Humans and Shek are affected by the acid rain and soil. Hivers, Skeletons and most animals are immune to acid, so they can safely pass through the region if they have enough common sense to avoid the Iron Spiders.