A compact town controlled by the United Cities faction, located in the Southwest region of the map known as The Hook. It can be found by exploration or by acquiring and reading the Map of the United Cities (Extended Territories).
The economy of this town relies on the stranded supplies from Slave Farm South and Slave Markets. Clownsteady is subject to change under world states, meaning that player owned buildings in town are vulnerable to be overwritten.
Buildings and Shops
- General Shop
- Mechanical Shop
- Police Station x2
- Power Station x2
- Ranger Shop
- Thieves Guild
- Weapon Shop
Buildings for sale
- Longhouse (For Sale: c19,200)
- Old Storm House (For Sale: c16,000)
- Y-House (For Sale: c28,000)
- Watchtower (For Sale: c56,000)
Killing or capturing the Slave Market Master at the nearby Slave Markets will cripple Clownsteady's economy, destroying half of the buildings and making the inhabitants starve. The same will happen if Slave Mistress Grace is also killed or kidnapped.
If both Slave Market Master and Slave Mistress Grace are killed or kidnapped then control of the city will pass to the Empire Peasants.
- The Police Station can be a good place to train up toughness and lockpicking as they will quickly beat you up for using their training dummies, carry your unconscious character to a cage, and then heal them. This is preferable to the way which the Hounds respond to unauthorized training dummy usage (beating you up and dropping you off outside for the blood spiders) and to the other city in The Hook (Drifter's Last), where characters are enslaved and sent to Slave Farm South. (Although some captured criminals will be enslaved)