While also used for trade, the main function of Building Materials is the construction of buildings and objects, such as outposts or interior items.
Building Materials can be purchased from Construction Traders in towns or produced on your own at a Stone Processor from Raw Stone. A Hybrid Stone Mine, a late-game building, can create Building Materials directly without the need to process them.
They can be stored in Storage: Building Materials.
- Various buildings (Bughouse, L-House, Longhouse, Outhouse, Outpost s-III, Outpost s-IV, Small Shack, Snailhouse, Stationhouse, Stephouse, Storm House, Watchtower, Y-House)
- HeavyArmour Smithy crafting station
- Well for Farming and Bread Oven for Cooking
- Interior Buildings (Bed, Bench, Display Stand, Interior Wall, Round Bar Table, Shelf, Sitting Box, Small Table, Stool, Support Beams, Table) and a Torch Post for lighting
- Ore Drills, Stone Mines, Hybrid Stone Mine for Mining
- Various storage types (Animal Feeder, Armour Storage, Bread Basket, Fabric Chest, Flour Storage, Food Store, General Storage Boxes, General Storage Chest, Grog Barrels, Rum Barrels, Sake Barrels, Shop Counter, Storage: Cactus, Storage: Cotton, Storage: Greenfruit, Storage: Hashish, Storage: Hemp, Storage: Meat, Storage: Riceweed, Storage: Skins, Storage: Wheatstraw, Weapon Cabinet, Weapon Stand)
- Small Research Bench
- All types of Defensive Gates, Defensive Walls and Ramps
Building materials can be bought at these vendors: Adventurer Mechanical Shops, Blackmarket Bars, Empire Construction Shops, Hive Traders, Holy Construction Shops, Ronin Construction Shops, and Trade Goods Shops.